Competition among businesses has become evident across all major industries in the modern world. Logistics and transportation sector is no exception. Similar to the contemporary trends in almost any industry, businesses involved in this sector also rely greatly on technology for fending off cut-throat competition. Here’s where an efficient mobility solution in the form of on-demand logistics and transportation mobile app comes into handy.
In order to complete the delivery cycle efficiently and achieve customer satisfaction, transportation and logistics businesses needs a reliable means to accomplish round-the-clock monitoring. This helps to track each and every shipment. Starting with warehouse administration through post-delivery processes, tracking of each activity becomes imperative to provide transparent, efficient service. This requirement is fulfilled by building a robust, need-based Logistics Delivery Management Software.
Logistics App Development Helps Entrepreneurs to Keep Tabs on Each Shipment, Every Process with Ease
It is only natural that entrepreneurs dealing in logistics business normally go in for the crafting of different applications for their customers, managers, and vehicle drivers. It has its own advantages. Nonetheless, most of today’s business owners prefer an on-demand logistics app that includes all transport essential features.
It is up to the business organization and its unique needs, to decide which type of mobile app is to be developed for managing their specific needs. A lowdown on such applications that offer an ‘all-in-one’ solution is highly helpful in creating one.
What Core Features are expected in Mobile App for Logistics Companies?
Customized transport management applications can be classified into three basic modules, namely, the customer panel, driver panel, and admin panel. These features may be efficiently integrated into the logistics management app to provide a complete and reliable solution for meeting business requirements.
1. Customer Panel that assists users to make full use of the appRegistration process: This includes a simple yet straightforward way of registration with sign-up via email or social media accounts.
Vehicles list: Users may choose their vehicles according to their needs by browsing the list of all available vehicles – this enables the logistics company to make delivery of several goods in a single trip.
Booking vehicles: This enables customers to book the available vehicle that suits to their time and date
Real-time alerts: This facilitates sending notifications as well as alerts regularly to all users – information regarding tracking, delivery, and other necessary services can be shared efficiently.
Consignment tracking: It helps customers to keep tabs on the placed consignment, from the time it leaves the warehouse until it is being delivered.
Payment Gateway: Payment Gateway, when integrated in the app, empowers users to make online payment conveniently.
Rating & Reviews: Customers’ personal rating of the transportation service helps improve quality.
2. Driver Panel that helps vehicle drivers to increase productivityRegistration process: Drivers can register themselves within the app through an email or using social media credentials.
Management of requests: Customers’ request for delivery maybe routed through this and managed, until the order request is completed.
Consignor detail: Full details about the shippers or users such as name, contact number, and address/destination is available here.
Route tracker: With GPS technology, it is possible for drivers to find the most optimal routes to their destinations.
3. Admin Panel that enables managers to have complete control over the entire administration processDashboard: Consisting of user and driver information, this facilitates viewing the finished and pending orders by the admin in real-time.
Monitoring drivers: Admin can monitor all on-road activities of drivers while handling pending orders.
Push Notifications: Admin can send notification about driver allotment, order completion, and payment details.
Vehicle management: A very crucial feature, this helps track all vehicles and keep tabs on fuel consumption of each vehicle
Billing: Admin is enabled to access and analyze bills, approve them with ease by making use of this feature.
What are the Advanced Features to Look for In Transportation and Logistics Mobile App?
The following salient features ensure that global logistics and transport businesses are able to widen their footprints successfully across varied locations:
1. A robust GPS system needs to be in placeFleet drivers and managers alike requires an effective GPS system in their app for accomplishing successfully delivering customers’ consignments, in real-time and securely. GPS technology is one of the commonly used and essential features that must be borne in mind while developing your logistics app.
Using the Internet and satellite connectivity, this technology provides fleet operators with real-time information. This enables them to efficiently manage their fleet, while ensuring that the delivery cycle is being completed effectively.
2. Real-Time AnalyticsBusinesses may obtain real-time information about fuel consumption, order completion, and other related things that empower them to identify and evaluate all business activities precisely.
Admin will be able to utilize information about the number of orders obtained, geographical areas where the most of the orders have occurred, and other business details to their advantage. This may be used for improving the service and its quality.
3. Payment IntegrationBy offering secure and transparent payment mechanism in addition to options for multiple payment gateways, businesses may easily urge potential users to avail their services.
4. Driver Safety & Other Driver-Related FeaturesBy enabling monitoring drivers’ activities during the delivery process, this feature ensures not only their safety but also keeps tabs on the parameters related to the vehicles.
5. In-App Chat & NotificationsCommunication between the fleet manager and drivers through this novel feature ensures that all stakeholders are kept in close touch throughout the delivery cycle.
6. Cloud OperationsSecure storage and easy access to all fleet-related data over the cloud helps reduce operational costs while enhancing revenues.
Logistics App Development Cost
Development cost of on-demand transportation and logistics mobile apps varies with many influencing factors such as the ones stated below:
- App platform
- Complexity of the specific app
- Logistics Delivery Management Software development company
- Location of Logistics App Development Service Providers
- App design
- Web development
- Backend development
- Project management
- Quality assurance
In addition to the development cost, contingencies such as maintenance and marketing will need to be considered as well.
Enabling fleet owners and managers to effectively connect with all stakeholders and customers, the innovative logistics management software helps run the logistics and transportation business effortlessly, and yet efficiently. While integrating several state-of-the-art technologies and having more number of novel features ensure user satisfaction and ease of use, it is necessary to consider the cost aspect of building the app to suit your business needs and budget.
According to Statista, the gross revenue generated by the US in the third-party logistics industry from 2000 to 2018 has been increasing at a constant rate.